Reflection

Reflection

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Jungle Book

I have a box of home movies that were taken by my parents when my brother and I were growing up.  Amongst all the film I found, one in particular that makes me smile and give a giggle.    The Jungle Book.   My friends and I had seen the then new Disney film and loved it!
I thought it would be a fun to do a play of the Jungle Book and invite the neighborhood kids to come see it.     We each decided which character we wished to be.  Pam was Baloo, Dora was Mowgli, Lori was the little girl, Susan was Shere Khan, and I was Bagheera.  We dressed ourselves up as well as we could though Susan looked more like a lion than a tiger as that was the closest costume we could come up with.  We made signs for inviting the neighborhood kids, invited any little brothers or sisters and we even charged admission to come and see our play.  We did slightly change the story as you can see but we didn't leave out the dancing!  If my memory serves me that there was laughter and no one walked out on us.
Last note....don't bother with volume...it was before sound movies!   It is almost odd to watch a film without sound but the quiet is enough for me and my imagination.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails