Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July in my little town.....

I love my little town of Danville....

    Every year they do a 4th of July Parade and I do believe this year's was the best that I can remember in a long time.   There was way less political or real estate garbage which is just silly to have in ANY parade.  So here is a snippet of photos that I took....


 We had a Color Guard Group....





We had folks in silly outfits....

W

We had a Chinese Dragon Group....

W
 
We had WWII vets...



We had the Methodist Church who turned BBQing into a flying event with music and great team maneuvers....





Oh yes, we had more horses...these little ones I especially love....


We had old trucks....


We had old cars....




We had a Civil War Reenactment Group....


We had Scotsmen in kilts....


Yep...we had a Military Marching Band...


 And see that old house in the background?  I always thought that would have made a great Bed and Breakfast in the heart of our little town...but it became office space.  At least it was restored and not torn down.

  Yes, it was a lovely day with warm sunshine and a bit of a breeze to cool oneself off just when you thought it was getting too warm.  The kids were enjoying the tossing of candy from the parade folks.  There were small American flags passed out which of course I had to collect for decoration on my table for our BBQ that day.  It was the biggest crowd I have seen in a number of years.  

   Did I say I love my town?  It's a day like this that I am happy they do control the type of buildings on our main street.  Vintage style and nothing over two stories.  Trees lined streets all the way down...dog friendly, and plenty of quaint shops that amazingly are still in business even with the downturn of the economy...

   Hope you all had a great 4th of July!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

When I see pictures like these I wish that I, too, lived in a little town. I wish that my boys could participate in things like this --

Caroline said...

This looks like so much fun! I love parades and this one looks especially lovely.
:)

Ms. Moon said...

Okay. THAT is America.

Sara Louise said...

100% Pure Americana! Love it! And I'm so homesick, and suddenly have a huge hotdog, apple pie, and lemonade craving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails