Friday, July 9, 2010

Still Life...in a boy's room.....

  I was in my son's room changing sheets on his bed when I noticed he has such an interesting room.  It has distinct places in it that stood out as Still Life portraits.  

    This is what I saw......


 


His guitars and baseball bats.....
 



A laptop on the floor.....





The windowsill...of odds and ends.....




Trophies and childhood knick-knacks in the closet..... 


                  

       On the floor of his closet toys from years gone by.....




 Yep...the amp...and all the wires, headphone, guitar strap...

     His space, his cave....

     Tomorrow it could be different.  The guitar could be on the bed amongst a jumble of sheets and comforter.  I am use to finding guitar pics in the bed, on the floor and in the laundry.  IPod headphones find a home under the bed, in the sheets, or next to the amp.  Oddly today his clothes were not in sight...that is odd as they are usually on the floor, a trail of them discarded around his bed. He must have found the clothes hamper in the closet was still there. 

     Wires...so many wires!  I wonder if all this electricity between the guitars, the amp and the laptop will be bad on his growing 14 year old body...I think of the days when we played with blocks, trucks and cars....they were fun but nothing can beat the sound of him playing the guitar....nothing.

    


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love this: still life with a fourteen year old boy --

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails