Friday, November 12, 2010

Some words said....speak volumns

     Some words can make you stop, pause, and feel good all over.  Back in 1996 my youngest daughter M. was in the school's Speech Contest and made into the finals.  As proud as I was for her making it to that point that paled in comparison to what she spoke of.

     The topic was "My Favorite American" and the person she spoke of was her Grandma Betty.  Her words tell it all.  These were her dear memories, and observations, without a bit of prompting or help from the rest of us.  It is of how much she loves her Grandma and about how loving to her Grandchildren this Grandma is.  Fifteen years later, seeing this once again,  it doesn't surprise me to hear what she said because M. has a deep love for her family.  Her speaking of how much Grandma means to her is as natural as can be.  Because when you really care about someone you share it.  This woman is my mother-by-marriage and truly there is no kinder, or more dear a lady, than this woman who I have been privileged to have in my life since age 16. 


So here is a love fest to see.  I have been archiving home movies and I am up to 1996.  A few video glitches but it was the 1990's before our digital cameras!

Film.   

Life brought back as though it was just yesterday......and Grandma....hugs and kisses to you!

Megan's Speech Contest  1996 from Ellen F. on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Shannon M. Pace said...

Oh...so sweet...meg is so animated! loved seeing this...

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

she is adorable...great speaker....
at such a young age...

enjoyed it.....

i do love those Steiff animals...there is a shop up in san anselmo called Susan's Store Room..i think that is the name..i'll have to check...anyway...when i walked in i went to heaven...it is filled to the brim with old steiff animals.....

kary

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

hi ellen...i loved your cute idea...the cookies would be a great gift with a tin of tea...

this will be on my list....

happy to see you at Farmhouse

kary and teddy
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails