Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dawn's light



Awakenings...my ears were awoken first.  The birds so loudly singing that it felt like I was in another place, not my bed, warm and cozy.  The birds were uproarious!  My eyes opened to see that first morning blue pink of the sky.  Still more dark than light.  The hills beyond my windows dark in shadow of morning's soon to come sunrise.  How full and crowded it felt yet I saw no birds only heard their chattering chirps.  A melody here and there.  A chorus of creatures intent on singing a song of life.


I lie in quiet peace knowing I needn't leave my nest where my Love and I have slept and dreamt.  He has not stirred.  The night was so warm that both my windows have been flung open to the outside world.  The first night of the new season of Spring that I could do this.  There are no curtains or shades upon my windows.  One large picture window and the smaller one that share two windows that crank open.  I have covered them from time to time but no one can see in our room and I have chosen to keep them uncovered.  Only nature and the sunrise, the birds, the deer, the busy bees that had been on the blossoming flowers of the crab apple tree that have all fallen now but whom will come again when the lavender blooms.  


As I fall asleep I look at the sky, to the hills beyond that rise up to the mountain I hold dear.  I see the lights of homes in the distance.  My mind relaxes and is lulled into the other place I live of the dream world.  When I was plagued with insomnia I would look out these windows, staring mindlessly, hoping that my eyes and mind would release and fall into slumber.  All quiet but me.  Then I realized that the insomnia had passed and I was finally able to fall as quickly to sleep as it took me to lay upon my pillow.  On then off.  Sleep....

Mornings feel lovely when you have a good night's sleep.  I no longer use my alarm clock to wake me as my dog's do this almost on the dot of 6:05.  I may not always want to climb down from my bed, and I do mean climb as it is a high bed where my toes do not reach the floor.  My dogs stretch, I stretch and I am followed to my closet to get my robe.  Each morning is unique and lovely this time of year.  The other morning while out with the dogs I heard a lone woodpecker pounding away.  A dove cooed.  The other birds had not started in on their morning song.  The air smells light and fresh, the coolness that awakens my eyes and body to come alive for the day.  
What comes to my mind is Cat Steven's singing Morning Has Broken ....


Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word


Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass


Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day


Good morning world!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails